2.21.2014

second star to the right.


I watched Peter Pan this morning while finishing up some homework and wow, did it induce some nostalgia. I couldn't help but think about how wonderful it would be if Neverland really existed. I'd be there in a heartbeat. From the time we're kids, all we can think about is "I can't wait to grow up!"/"I can't wait until I'm old enough to ____!" Oh, if we only knew. Being an adult is hard work, and to remain a child forever would be wonderful.

Then I realized... I am still a child in many ways. I have a fondness for all things Disney and Nintendo-related. I love things that sparkle. I have about five coloring books I alternate between on cold/rainy days. I have a serious candy addiction. I still climb trees and love to coast down hills on my bike as fast as possible with closed eyes. A lot of me is still the same as it was 15 years ago, and I'm going to hold onto those parts tightly. After all, they are essential elements of my being!



No comments:

Post a Comment