2.12.2014

wanderlusts.


My boyfriend and I absolutely love finding new places to hike.
Fortunately, Georgia has a pretty wide selection of trails and parks. I was pretty excited to discover this one a couple of days ago, only about 20 minutes from my house. The trail runs adjacent to a river, which is ridiculously beautiful. 


It also crosses over a dam, which made for some pretty awesome scenery--we even saw a couple of deer! It was a gorgeous day for outdoor activities, and those kinds of days have been pretty hard to come by the past few months. Now, I know for some of you, receiving 5 inches of snow is the norm for the entire duration of winter. Being from Minnesota myself, I actually love the snow. However, I've realized after moving to Atlanta that here, it's a totally different story. Two inches of snow, the entire state shuts down. So any and all beautiful days have definitely been taken advantage of! We've had close to a week of snowy/icy/slushy days.

In fact, this is what my yard looks like at the moment. -_-


It's crazy that three days ago I was enjoying a mild, 60° day in the woods and now the city has been at a complete standstill again for the past 48 hours.
-Sigh.- I never thought I'd say it, but I'm ready for spring.

Oh well, at least my dog seems to enjoy it.






No comments:

Post a Comment