5.07.2014

strawberry summer.



It's hard to believe it's been a month since I've had the chance to update!
Not only have I been extremely busy with school, but I guess there haven't been very many blog-worthy events in the last month. But that's about to change becauseeeeee....
it's finally summer! 


If there's one thing that reminds me of summer, it's fresh, juicy berries. 
After visiting Warbington Farms last week and leaving with five pounds of freshly picked strawberries, I faced the predicament of how to use them. I tested out three new recipes and am pleased to report they all turned out wonderfully. I will link them below!

 *HINT* Berries picked straight from the garden require a more thorough cleaning job than anything you buy from the store. I've found adding a cup of apple cider vinegar to a sinkful of water is a great way to leave them sparkling. And no, it doesn't change the taste of the fruit!

------------------------------------------------------------------


 Oh. My. God. This is the creamiest, most delicious bread I've ever tasted. In fact, it's so decadent, it even makes a satisfying dessert. Really.


I'm a sucker for any kind of applesauce. I followed this recipe to a tee and was beyond pleased. After blending the ingredients, the mixture may seem a bit thin. However, it thickened after being in the fridge to the perfect consistency.


 At a first glance, this recipe may seem a little weird. Roasted strawberries?
 Through this savory experiment, I learned that heating berries brings out all the natural juices. So tasty! For this recipe, I substituted the lemon juice with the juice of one lime. As an added bonus, I also used locally harvested honey for a real "at-home" feel. 


So, there you have it! 
Just a few ideas of how to use all those berries. 
I'll be attending a 3-day music festival in Atlanta this weekend, so prepare yourselves for more updates in the very near future. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment