4.08.2014

march favorites.



Hello, everyone! 
It's been a hectic few weeks. I feel like I've hardly had any free time between my work and school schedules. Although it's a tad late, I wanted to share all the awesome products I fell in love with in March with you guys! ^_^ 

First, my Teeny Tiny Gardening Book. It was actually given to me at Christmas, but I only recently went to Pike and picked out my little plants. I decided on a Zebra Haworthia, a Purple Rose Succulent, and a mini flower bouquet from Trader Joe's. The book has some awesome ideas and they're all super cute and easy. For this particular project, all I used was a small amount of potting soil, some decorative river pebbles, and three stemless wine glasses. I'll definitely be doing more projects like this in the future!


 Onto the next obsession... I'm in love with these 1978 vintage canisters from Sears & Roebuck's Merry Mushroom collection. I ordered them on eBay for, like, $40 and they're in great condition. Anyone who knows me knows I collect just about anything mushroom, so they're a great addition to my kitchen stockpile.


 Heading into the realm of beauty products, these are three new products that have come into my possession that are definitely new favorites. 
The first is Wella's Flowing Form Smoothing Balm. My hair tends to be very frustrating-- in the summer, the Georgia humidity causes endless frizz. In the winter, the dry air causes static. The last time I had my hair cut, my stylist gave me a bottle of this for free. And let me tell you, the shit works wonders. I just put a pea-sized drop on the palm of my hand, rub it together, and finger-comb it from the middle of my hair to the ends. It smells awesome and tames any pesky flyaways.
Next, Victoria's Secret Vanilla Lace Hand and Body Cream. This isn't exactly a new product. It's one of their signature scents, but it's by far the best vanilla scented lotion I've ever tried. I'm a vanilla freak, so I've tried a lot. But nothing compares to this one. The scent lasts all day and it's a light and non-greasy formula. And it's only $12, which is probably the cheapest thing you'll ever buy at VS.
Finally, The Gap's Dream Eau De Toilette. This is yet another signature scent, and I believe this one's been around since the 90s. As I mentioned before, vanilla and other comfort scents are my favorites. I've never found a floral fragrance that I really care for...until now. Its key note is freesia. It's very springy and subtle. LOVE. I ordered this one on Amazon, but I believe it can still be purchased at Gap Outlets.


 As far as makeup goes, I'm pretty hesitant to try new products. I have sensitive skin and eyes, so once I find something that doesn't cause any discomfort, I generally stick with it. However, I walked through Sephora recently and decided to give this Stila Liquid Liner a try. It was only $20, so I thought, "Why not?" And let me tell you, it does not disappoint. Its super-fine tip makes application easy and flawless. It's also water-and-smudge-proof, but is still easily removable with facial cleansing wipes. Definitely an added bonus. I've found my new go-to eyeliner for sure. 


 Next is a Frye leather backpack from Urban Outfitters. This one may very well be my favorite on the list, because it's a $498 value and I got it for free. That's right. I happened to win it in a Twitter contest. (Those re-tweet contests are real, people. I'm living proof!) It's made of genuine, high-quality leather and is very sturdy and stylish. After all the money I've given to Urban Outfitters over the years, it was nice to finally get this back. Almost like a thank-you for being a loyal customer. 



 Last but not least, my favorite not-so-guilty pleasures: Tazo's Organic Chai Latte and Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookies. I mix the chai with an equal amount of Silk Vanilla Almond/Soy Milk and stick it in the microwave for a minute and a half or so. It's absolutely delicious and tastes exactly like a $4 Chai latte from Starbucks, but saving money is much sweeter! I'm a sucker for any kind of sweets, and Speculoos, cinnamon spiced Belgian cookies, are a great addition to tea time. Because they're from Trader Joe's, they're all natural. So it's really a win-win. You get your sweet fix without all the additives. 


Well, that's it for my March Favorites! I may decide to post one of these every month, so check back for updates! ^_^



No comments:

Post a Comment