2.07.2014

feed my soul.




If there's anything I love, it's a good playlist. I discovered 8tracks a few years ago and have been hooked ever since. Not only can you make your own themed playlists, but there are no commercials and the possibilities are virtually limitless. I made this playlist, Spirit of Adventure (named after the zeppelin in Disney's animated feature "Up"), a few months ago and love it even more with every listen.

It's composed entirely of musical scores and compositions from different films--many of which are among my favorites. There's just something about instrumental music that makes every hair on my body stand on end. With each of these songs, I'm revisited by every feeling I felt while viewing the movie for the first time. It's crazy how something as simple as a song can bring back such vivid emotions. I can't explain it any other way.

If you haven't explored 8tracks, it's time to get on it! It truly is fantastic.

I hope you enjoy my mix! ^_^

Since their music license prohibits viewing the playlist in its entirety prior to listening, here's the track list and the motion picture each track was originally featured in:
------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Lily's Theme: Alexandre Desplat | Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II
2. American Beauty: Thomas Newman | American Beauty
3. Wow: Thomas Newman | Finding Nemo
4. Hymn to the Sea: James Horner | Titanic
5. On the Lake: Aaron Zigman | The Notebook
6. The Wardrobe: Harry Gregson-Williams | The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
7. Ice Dance: Danny Elfman | Edward Scissorhands
8. Circus Fantasy: James Newton Howard | Water For Elephants
9. Married Life: Michael Giacchino | Up
10. Main Title: William Ross | Tuck Everlasting
11. Theme: Jon Brion | Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
12. First Snow: Clint Mansell | The Fountain
13. Time: Hans Zimmer | Inception
14. A Dark Knight: James Newton Howard & Hans Zimmer | The Dark Knight
15. The Prophecy: Howard Shore | Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
16. Arrival to Earth: Steve Jablonsky | Transformers

No comments:

Post a Comment